PRO C (Online Client) Matchmaking Forum

Welcome, Guest, to the PRO Online Matchmaking Forum - Quickly Find Matches on PRO C

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, Guest, to the PRO Online Matchmaking Forum
NEW BETA VERSION RELEASED! Public BETA .10 (R58) RELEASED: CLICK HERE
We have 1040 users, who have posted 2252 times.
Visit the OFFICIAL PRO Online Client forum here: http://forum.coldbird.uk.to
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Statistics
We have 1040 registered users
The newest registered user is Demond

Our users have posted a total of 2252 messages in 433 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 299 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:31 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» God eater burst crashing on start up
PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 11:20 am by ewan23

» znewcomer
PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 10:33 am by Sylen7Nato

» DBZ Shinbudokai2
PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 8:16 pm by GloKid

» Socom FTB2
PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 1:16 am by aztec_native

» Can the PSP 1001 do this
PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 5:50 pm by Demetrie newton

» Why so many people?
PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 5:27 pm by zPsychotic Wolf

» Issues in MHP3RD on Original PSP
PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 8:00 am by lionheart

» Resistance - Retribution, anyone?
PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 5:07 pm by Snowy

» SOCOM FTB3 IM ONLINE
PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 6:36 pm by Demetrie newton

» Socom ftb 3
PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 7:40 pm by Demetrie newton

» Socom ftb2
PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 8:39 am by Demetrie newton

» Compatible Games for PSP 1000
PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 8:35 am by Demetrie newton

» [TUTORIAL] How to Set Up Your PSP To Play Online
PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 8:20 am by Demetrie newton

» Pro Online Client on 6.61 pro c
PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 8:17 am by Demetrie newton

» Socom : Fireteam Bravo 3
PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 7:27 am by Demetrie newton

PRO Compatible Games
100% Tested, Compatible Games

Ace Combat - X2 - Joint Assault
Armored Core 3 Portable
BLOOD BOWL
Dungeon Seige: Throne of Agony
DISSIDIA duodecim FINAL FANTASY
DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY
Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake
GOD EATER
GODS EATER BURST
Metal Gear Solid - Portable Ops +
Metal Gear Solid - Portable Ops
MLB 11 The Show
ModNations... Racers
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
PANGYA : Fantasy Golf
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3
Split Second Velocity
Tekken 6
Untold Legends The Warrior's Code
Untold Legends...: Brotherhood of the Blade...
Virtua Tennis 3
WARSHIP GUNNER 2 PORTABLE
Worms: Battle Islands
Worms Open Warfare 2

Affiliates
  • Prometheus Forum

• Wololo's Forum

PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Sylen7Nato
    Admin

PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker Empty
    PostSubject: PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker   PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:50 pm

found this on wololo, heres the link to the page...
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    June 14, 2012 in PS Vita, security by wololo | 91 comments
    As our forum member The Z revealed recently some videos from an anonymous hacker showing PSX games running on the PS Vita, I tried to get in contact (through intermediate people) with that hacker for an interview. The hacker first refused, but I’m kind of a tough guy (j/k) and I insisted a bit. He accepted at my second request via an intermediate person, and shared some of his info on the hack with me.

The mysterious hacker (let me call him Tony, I don’t know his real name as we chatted on IRC) recently published a dump of the PSP emulator’s (on the Vita) internals, a breakthrough that was followed by a video showcasing PSX games running on the Playstation Vita (A feature that the console does not have officially, for now).

Despite these two events being some of the most major pieces of news in the young PS Vita scene, Tony is not your typical scene hacker: a 16 year-old enjoying “Parkour” and playing the piano on his free time, he told me in an introductory comment: “None of my friends know that I have skills in programming. I haven’t written any code anymore since the video showing PSX on PSVita. I neither need respectability nor fame. That’s why I initially refused the interview”

As I emphasized the importance of this hack for the scene, Tony was very humble on the subject: “Well, my exploit isn’t something special. Yes, kernel exploits are very rare, but I don’t feel like a hacker, as some people do. What I do is sharing all my work. I hate people who show off with their work [then don't release]“. As I asked if he would release his exploit, he answered: “If you guys want, I’ll release the kernel exploit with all the source code“.

We however discussed the external pressure hackers can get from such exploits. On the one hand, concerned gamers (“Oh no, an ISO loader is the last thing we need“), and on the other hand, hackers themselves (“Sony will patch this exploit“). “GUYS! Where is your real life? Sony will patch this exploit, I know, but do we really care? kernel exploit are here to enjoy the console“, Tony said. When discussing the impact of hackers’ work for Sony’s business, he told me “VHBL is harmless, but of course people wouldn’t buy any PSP games on the PSN anymore with a PSP kernel exploit“.

Tony’s exploit is actually a fully functional CFW running on the PSP emulator of the Vita. “I just wrote my own CFW on it. It’s just a normal CFW, nothing special. It does everything a typical CFW does…plugins, ISO games, increased CPU speed, PSX games, homebrews..etc. [For PSX Games,] I just emulated all POPS modules. It’s not really difficult to get that running. Theoretically I can emulate the whole VSH too ”

As I asked if he was looking deeper into the Vita’s internals, to hack more than the PSP emulator, Tony showed no interest in the Vita itself. “Emulators and PSP games on my PSVita are enough . I don’t have any Vita game . I spare my money for disco, clothes and alcohol =P ”

I asked Tony if he wanted to add something, he replied: “I don’t need to show you guys how cool I am. I just ported the CFW to my PSVita in only 4 hours in the night, when I didn’t have anything else to do. But look at these guys, who are so proud with their skills…please?! I am proud that I play the piano and do Parkour. But these nerds…look at them, they really have no life. You guys may be now angry at me. You guys may hate me, but I don’t care. I care about girls and friends. I care about my family and about school. If you are now angry, do yourself a favor, shut down the pc and go swimming…
    I know what I talk about, I used to be a real nerd too, but now, everything has changed ”

If anything, it’s humbling to me that a 16 year-old guy has already achieved bigger hacks than I’ll ever achieve in my life, and has already realized that there’s more to life than being a geek

At the time of this interview I didn’t have access to the hack itself, but got sufficient proof that the person I talked to had the skills to code a CFW for the PSP (and, by extension, for the emulator on the vita). Let’s just hope for the best for the scene in the near future
    Back to top Go down
    Blood-Fang

PostSubject: Re: PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker   PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:08 pm

I must have been high when I took this interview cuz I don't remember.
    Back to top Go down
    Sylen7Nato
    Admin

PostSubject: Re: PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker   PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:27 am

lmfao...awesome bro...or should i call u "Tony"?
    Back to top Go down
    Blood-Fang

PostSubject: Re: PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker   PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:39 pm

I prefer Daddy, but sure.
    Back to top Go down
    Sylen7Nato
    Admin

PostSubject: Re: PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker   PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:03 pm

lmao...ur fucked up bro! xD
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker   PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSX on the Vita: An interview with the mysterious Vita Hacker

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1